Here’s how we are making Ottawa more affordable:
- Limit the property tax increase to between 2 per cent and 2.5 per cent for 2023 and 2024, targeting the same level for 2025 and 2026.
- Launch a strategic review of existing city spending, which has not been conducted since the early 2000s.
- Commit to no new types of taxes over the next four years.
- Reduce recreation fees for children and families by 10%.
- Freeze all transit fares for 2023.
- Invest only in priority areas that serve all of Ottawa, such as improving the quality of our roads, properly funding emergency services, and investing in programs and services for our most vulnerable.